Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007

Can it become any worse?

... alright, one more thing and I am totally freaking out.

Funny thing: the data partition on my laptop disappeared over night. No, I did not lose my mind. It is just gone. No more software (well, why should I need Word for writing my thesis anyway?). No more data (I did not like all the seminar papers I wrote the last semester anyway....and luckily I only wrote about 10 pages of my diploma thesis already...). No more music. No more....anything. Well, maybe it appears again tomorrow. Just took a day off. Whatever.

Remember the electricity going off on Monday? Happened three times last night. The first time I decided not to call a colleague for translation, just went down and looked so desperate they knew something was wrong, maybe they remembered me from the last times (water and electricity). The guy fixed it, 10 minutes later again. HA HA HA! Well, at that point I needed a translator to tell them that this happened too often! Well, then two guys had a look. Some device in my apartment must be responsible, I should please find out which one and they would fix it. They left the door to the main power station on the floor open so I could fix it on my own then. One more breakdown that night, but I could not find out what was responsible.

Woke up this morning shivering and totally cooled down. Water in the shower changed from burning hot to ice cold. Actually, I wanted to buy another blanket tonight, but I landet at a store for sports equipment. The best thing I found here so far! I bought a sleeping bag which is supposed to keep you warm till below 0°C. In combination with the other stuff, it should keep me alive now. By the way, it only costed 35 € !

And to be honest, there is still one positive thing in my apartment. The washing machine. Its a Siemens one - Chinese programs and standard, but still okay. And the only one all the others here - including Chinese people - have ever seen in China which does not only wash with cold water, but which uses actually hot water! See, I am lucky person...